Update to Links to my Poetry Posted Online
by Roy Beckemeyer
In a previous edition of this blog back in 2016, I list poems and creative writing of mine posted in online venues through May 2016. In this post, I provide links to work published between then and now.
- In Volume 1, Issue 3 of Chrysalis: The Journal of Transformative Language Arts: My essay, “Coping Through Connections: Faith, Rationality, and Poetry,” about the process of writing my poem, “Rosarium Threnody,” which appeared in the Spring 2016 issue of the print journal Dappled Things.
- On the Whispering Prairie Press blog site, two “in-depth” pieces about writing poetry (September 22, 2016): “Themes and Variations: Epigraphs and Poems,” and “Poetry, Memory and ‘Biomythography’.”
- In the 2016 issue of Konza: A Bioregional Journal, three photo-essays: “Wilson’s Phalarope–Prairie Wetland Harbinger of Spring,” “Dainty Dancers–Slender Blue Damselflies of Kansa Tallgrass Streams,” and “Nature Journaling.”
- In the online journal Poetry Breakfast, June 30, 2016, a reprint of my poem “Remnants, After You Leave for Work.”
- In the 2017 issue of the online journal tittynope-zine, a poem on p. 94, “Meanings,” and on pp. 95-97, a prose piece, “An Awkward Glossary of Terms.”
- In the Summer 2017 issue of Whale Road Review, a pedagogy piece: “Poetry as Conversation: Renga As a Class Project.”
- In the online journal The Ekphrastic Review: Posted April 19, 2017: the poem, “Horizons,” and posted on March 29, 2017, a prose ekphrastic essay: “Spanish Moss and Moonlight.”
- In the online journal One Sentence Poems: May 2, 2017: “Under Prairie Skies,”and May 3, 2017: “Leaning Westward.”
- In the online journal Rusty Truck: 26 April, 2017: “The prodigal son goes to the disco…”
- In the online journal River City Poetry: Three poems in the Summer Sampler Issue: “Night Sounds, “Pretense,” and “Mayflies Rise.” A July 1, 2017 review of Jason Baldinger’s chapbook Fumbles Revelations, and a July 13, 2017 review of Tyler Robert Sheldon’s chapbook First Breaths of Arrival.
- In the 31 August, 2017 issue of Mockingheart Review: “Sweet, Your Heart.”
~Roy Beckemeyer, January 23, 2018